Hello fellow blues lovers. End of the month already! Only 320 something days ‘til Christmas!
Well, January was a very quiet month in the Presidential Palace. Only got out to see a single gig, but it was a corker! Bucky’s Big Budweiser Birthday Bash which was very well attended. Some great playing during the afternoon and evening from various bands and a solo act and included special guest Shane Pacey. A great outing and raised some valuable money for the charity Rise Above.
Really looking forward to the CBS jam on 17th February. The Harmonie German Club (HGC) has been busy during the off season renovating the auditorium just for us! 😉 The stage has been lowered and there are many other changes which should contribute to a much better sound in the room. Can’t wait to see and hear the difference.
And don’t forget the jam will start at 1pm. This is a change for the year and allows attendees the option of purchasing food from the club while at the jam. The restaurant closes at 2pm.
Been lots of great feedback from the folks who went to Thredbo Blues Festival in January. You can read all about it on page 8.
“What’s happening in February?” I hear you say. Well, here goes:
- 8 – 10th Feb: Australian Blues Music Festival at various venues GOULBURN Attached program at the end of Blues News
- 8th Feb: CBS & Goulburn Club Blues Jam hosted by Moondog Blues Band at The Goulburn Club, 19 Market Street, GOULBURN NSW 9.30pm-1:30am
- 9th Feb: CBS & Goulburn Club Blues Jam hosted by Bamford Blues Band at The Goulburn Club, 19 Market Street, GOULBURN NSW 9.30pm-1:30am
- Sunday 10th Feb: Candelo Blues Club jam hosted by 8Ball Aitken at the Candelo Hotel CANDELO NSW 2 – 5pm
- Wednesday 13 Feb: Hat Fitz & Cara Robinson + guest Owen Campbell, HGC doors open 7pm, show 8pm. Pre-sales: CBS $20/Gen $27; Door: CBS $25/Gen $30 (This was rescheduled from 2nd Feb due to both Hat & Cara being struck down by a nasty bug doing the rounds. The upside is they’ll now be playing in the newly refurbished auditorium)
- Sunday 17th Feb: Canberra Blues Society jam featuring Big Gumbo at the HGC 1 – 4:30pm, $3 members: $5 non-members Note: New start time of 1pm!
- Friday 22nd Feb: Key Grip – Signals and Gains CD launch at Smith’s Alternative CANBERRA CITY 9:30 – 11pm
- Thursday 28th Feb: Fiona Boyes & Gary Vincent at National Press Club BARTON 7 – 10pm
- Sunday 3rd March: Matty T Wall Band (WA) + guest Moondog at HGC 4 – 6:30pm; Pre-sales:CBS $15 / Gen $18 Door $20
STOP PRESS! Just heard that 19Twenty, Lloyd Spiegel, Richard Perso and Anna Scionti (Miss Whisky) are performing at the National Folk Festival 18-22 April at Exhibition Park, Canberra.
That is all. I’ll see you when I’m looking at you.