About the Canberra Blues Society
The Canberra Blues Society (Incorporated) is a ‘not-for-profit’ collective of like-minded individuals who are passionate about the art of traditional and contemporary blues music. One of our aims is to support family-friendly venues throughout the Capital Region that nurture and support local amateur and professional blues musicians. The Canberra Blues Society also aims to provide regular music jams, blues events and blues-related social activities for the enjoyment of its members.
We seek to establish an environment that will both educate and showcase blues music, blues music culture and the blues spirit to the wider community. We also hope to be a regular meeting place for people to become involved with others with similar musical interests.
We invite you to explore this site to find out more about the society and the blues!
The Canberra Blues Society seeks to establish an environment that will:
- Be family friendly
- Support local blues musicians
- Nurture and support young blues musicians
- Link with Australian and World Blues Music Societies
- Showcase blues music culture and spirit to the wider community
- Be a meeting place for volunteers to be involved and communicate with like – minded people
The Canberra Blues Society aims to provide the following activities:
- Monthly Music Jams
- Special events featuring blues music and local musicians
- Workshops featuring blues music
More information: What is the Blues?